Wednesday 27 October 2010

Trilobite Boy with Gargoyles (completed!)

© Glendon Mellow 2010
Click here to enlarge: the link on the actual pic is broken. 


“Dammit. It’s raining,” said Trilobite Boy.
 He sat for a while thinking of her, the rain pattering on his cephalon and soaking his socks. Then he flapped his fossil wings and headed over the city.

- -
This painting was so much fun to do, and I learned a lot about using ArtRage while I did it. I tried to keep my style loose, and just play with the digital paint. And thanks to Eric T. Jones for suggesting the Chuck Taylor's!  Better than combat boots.

The only part of this that was done in Photoshop, was I realized I had painted a decent sneaker on his left foot, but it was too small. I exported the file to Photoshop, used the selection brush to highlight it, and did a free transform to enlarge it, before importing it back into ArtRage.

There's been a lot of posts of this in-process, but here it is, finally completed.  If you click here, you can go to my deviantArt gallery, where you can click again to get the super-big high-resolution picture.

It's also available in my print shop, as a postcard, greeting card and a variety of prints and framed art.

You can see the in-process stuff here.
You can see more about Trilobite Boy here




What should I do next with this guy?
- - - - - - - -

Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow
under Creative Commons Licence.


Portfolio

Blog
Print Shop

4 comments:

traumador said...

he needs to fight bad guys batman style!!!

Glendon Mellow said...

Ha! Thanks Craig.

I was thinking about him getting sprayed by an evil villain called the Homeopath, and him being like, "Hey! Cut it ou--hey!"

Unknown said...

Love it. Can he have a triop sidekick?

Glendon Mellow said...

No. Triops are snack food. Heh.

That's a neat idea, Eric, but I'll probably stick to prehistoric creatures for the cast, at least the protaganists.

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |