Saturday 23 October 2010

Odds and ends

Lots of little odds and ends this week.

I decided for now to go with MOO for my business cards, and selected these 4 images for the backs of them:








The front contains my contact info and the "Art in Awe of Science" tagline. 

I also re-worked Trilobite Boy's face a bit on the Gargoyle piece.  I felt it was too flat, and didn't match other paintings of the character. 


Click to enlarge a bit more.  Character ©  Glendon Mellow 2010. 

A bunch of exciting stuff on the go, and hopefully next week will have a couple of announcements ready!
- - - - - - - -


Original artwork on
The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow
under
Creative Commons Licence.



Portfolio
Blog
Print Shop

6 comments:

Marco Meredith said...

Thats quite a funky looking Parasolosophus (dunno if thats how its spelt), nice designs.

Marco.

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks Marco! I wanted to make the parasaurolophus a bit more unreal than it already is.

However, mine doesn't breathe fire.

Sean Craven said...

Dude, these look gorgeous. You're operating at full strength. Needs to be said.

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks so much, Sean! Wow.

(I needed that pick-up.)

Sean Craven said...

Nah, I was looking at these and thinking, "Would this work as a book cover?" The answer was yes, especially Triloboy. I mean, that's from a totally commercial perspective, but that's a perspective that's starting to grow on me.

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks again, Sean...yeah, commercial work is something I've had my eye on for a while. There's so much amazing creative work being done in fantasy and sf illustration these days, it's one of the reasons I've been playing with this Trilobite Boy character. Hopefully I'll have some more time to flesh him out.

And a book of some kind with him would be cool, too.

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |