Since taking my artwork online over 3 years ago, I've been learning and thinking a lot about copyright.
Our group, Southern Ontario Nature & Science Illustrators (sonsi) had an event on the weekend with a question and answer session with lawyer Paul Sanderson, discussing copyright.
Here's a few links of the type of stuff on my mind. Yeah, I know some of them are written by me.
- Q&A with a copyright lawyer by Glendon Mellow, SONSI
- Image-Citation Citation! by Glendon Mellow, The Flying Trilobite
- Copyright in the new digital world by Glendon Mellow, Art Evolved
- Why the copyright wars matter by Cory Doctorow, craphound
- Copyright Infringers Target Wildlife Artists by Daniel Grant, Huffington Post
- Individual Rights Versus the Collective by The Illustrators Partnership
- - - - - - - -
Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow
under Creative Commons Licence.