Friday 2 January 2009

Darwin Took Steps featured on Secular Nation magazine cover

Starting the new year with stairs from a venerable mind.

Darwin Took Steps
, has been featured on the cover of Secular Nation Magazine, the Jan-Mar 2009 issue!

A big thank you to Editor-in-Chief Tom Melchiorre for asking to reproduce this oil painting of our man Charles and promoting the importance of the theory of evolution by natural selection in this important year. And thanks for the great cover design from this terribly biased illustrator.

The version used on the cover is the one I sometimes think of as "Darwin Took Steps mark I". It's the original photo of the painting (with some Photoshop tweaks) when it was still wet and featured on The Eloquent Atheist for Darwin Day last year.

Remember, you can help support The Beagle Project by purchasing Darwin Took Steps t-shirts, Darwin Day cards, and prints on canvas or archival paper from my online reproduction shop.


I hope to have some more news shortly about Darwin Took Steps appearing on another publication in the near future. This is my first print-and-published work for a magazine, so I'm feelin' proud.

Support Atheist Alliance and pick up a copy of Secular Nation for a Darwin Day whirlwind.


- -

All original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow. The contents of this blog are under a Creative Commons Licence. See sidebar for details.
Please visit my blog, gallery and reproduction store
.
2009 Calendar available now!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool, Glendon. Someday I'll have to get a signed print from you.

Or just a free autograph.

m said...

excellent! congratulations!

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks Mike!

I haven't thought about signed prints yet. Hmm.

Thanks Mo!

Anonymous said...

You are soooo published.
Very cool, Glendon.
I can say I knew you during your 'ugly stage' :)

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks Leslie!

I'm a lot more excited than my last name would imply.

Hey, I still say I know "this totally cool faerie illustrator - we correspond and stuff". You give me cache. ;-)

Peter Bond said...

Congrats on the cover, Glendon! Your work is in awe of science, and I think we are in awe of you! Nice one!

Karen James said...

Wow, congratulations! You should be very proud.

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks Peter! I was hoping you were at least tickled pink by me. Awe is nice too.


Thanks Karen! Feelin' good. It's nice when all this artistic self-indulgence is punctuated by success. I haven't seen the interior yet, but there should be a nice plug for The Beagle Project.

Heather Ward said...

Congratulations, Glendon! That's awesome!

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks Heather!

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |