Friday 24 June 2011

Hashtag: 10oclockart

Today's the first day of illustrator Russell Dickerson's fun idea: #10oclockart .  I heard about it last night through a conversation Russell was having with Eric Orchard on Twitter about Eric's recent post

Every day at 10 am, artists should post whatever they're working on, at whatever stage it's in;  on Twitter, Flickr, blogs, Facebook, where ever, and use the Twitter hashtag #10oclockart. Great fun!  Here's mine:  




Working on my donor drawings - almost all of them are done! The swirly one is far from finished. And here's my workstation and studio assistant this morning:


He's helping. And listening to DeadMaus.

Follow me on Twitter!  @flyingtrilobite


- - - - - - - -


Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow under Creative Commons Licence.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Does he enjoy DeadMau5?

Glendon Mellow said...

I think so.

But now I'm totally embarrassed I spelled DeadMau5 wrong.

I will turn in my glowsticks and bop my head in low technoshame.

Sharon said...

LOL...I didn't even notice! No need to turn in your glowsticks for a mere spelling error, if you can even call it a spelling error when there's random numbers involved.

The 10 o'clock art is a great idea. I'm such a sporadic blogger that I should give it a try just to keep myself posting more often.

Anonymous said...

He's cute; reminds me of my niece (she's 13 months). ;) Yeah, is it too late to join the game (10 o'clock art)? :)

Glendon Mellow said...

Sharon, the first three years or so on my blog, I posted artwork every Monday - it was a great way to stay disciplined. I stopped when I realized it was holding me back from posting more often.

Raptor, I think the idea is it should be done every day, though I think a lot of illustrators have given the weekend a miss. Friday was the very first day, so we'll have to watch and see how popular it is on an ongoing basis. I love the idea though.

Anonymous said...

So, if I understand it correctly (and correct me if I'm wrong), this isn't continuous but a periodic thing? ANd, once it starts, it's almost impossible to join? (Yes, I'm very confused as you can tell)

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |