Monday 30 August 2010

Art Monday: Trilobitlepidoptology

click to enlarge. ©  Glendon Mellow


A sketch done a couple of years back for Trilobitlepidoptology.  A lot of art sits in sketchbooks for years before I can get around to it.  Having ideas is easy, time for finishing final pieces is precious. I *have* to get around to adding shadows.  And colour.


Original post here.



- - - - - - -

Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow
under
Creative Commons Licence.


Portfolio
Blog
Print Shop

6 comments:

Sean Craven said...

I have to say, this one begs for color -- but the sketch is so nice I'd hate to see it lost. Have you considered tinting this digitally?

Unknown said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!
oil paintings

Glendon Mellow said...

Hey Sean,

Actually, I imported it to my iPod Touch and tried colouring it there - but I think Photoshop would be better.

-

Thanks Silvio!

Tulsa Chiropractor said...

I think you would have better results with coloring it with Photoshop. What software does your touch have that you can color it with?

pocket screw jig said...

Hey great art work. Thanks for sharing!

Glendon Mellow said...

What's with the dual monickers, Tulsa/pocket? Please keep your spam in Missouri.

In case your questions were serious, I can colour it using Brushes or Sketchbook mobile on my iPod Touch.

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |