Friday 6 August 2010

Sketch for a onesie

Working on some sketches for onesies to sell in my print & clothing shop. Here's a trilobite sketched in pencil crayon. 






Yeah, yeah - I know trilobites had compound eyes.

Why am I sketching onsies you may ask?  We're expecting!  Yup!  Michelle is about halfway through the pregnancy now.  Here's an earlier look at the baby from a couple of months ago:
  




The mask is to preserve our child's anonymity online.

I really like the idea of a child growing up with unusual stuffed toys, clothes and understanding unusual flora and fauna.  They'll hear enough about farm and jungle mammals in school.

I'll post the links when a small line of baby-clothes designs are done! 

- - - - - - - -

Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow
under
Creative Commons Licence.

Portfolio
Blog
Print Shop

8 comments:

Lou FCD said...

Awesome, congratulations!

Greg Laden said...

Congratulations!!!!

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks Lou! Thanks Greg!

We're pretty excited. 1st baby and all that.

Unknown said...

WOW! I saw the sketch on buzz, but only now read the actual post. I AM HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!!! ENJOY!

Heather Ward said...

Congratulations Glendon! What wonderful news! (I love the ultrasound.)

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks Tanja!

Thanks Heather!

Sarah Snell-Pym said...

Congrats!

Kids love stuff that's made for them as well - we painted our little ones toy box and I made the rug in her room etc...

My second one is due 2nd of Feb which we are excited about :)

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks Saffy! I'd love to see what that toy box looks like. Good idea!

I have some loose plans for a mural for our bebbeh's room as well.

Congrats on your second!

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |