Saturday 17 April 2010

New SONSI site

Currently, I'm the webmaster for the Southern Ontario Nature & Science Illustrators' new website. ("Website manager" doesn't sounds as cool as "Webmaster" - try saying Webmaster like Darth Sidious: Weheb-mahstuh)

We're using Wordpress, which is interesting since some of the functionality is laid out so differently from Blogger.
Lots to do, members to add, news to catch up on. Banner isn't quite finished yet either. We're a new group, started by scientific illustrator Emily Damstra.

I can start to appreciate the work Craig Dylke put into Art Evolved's start-up!

It's likely I'll post updates from time to time about SONSI events. The diversity and quality of the artists, illustrators and photographers is quite amazing, so check it out! You may want to add it to your Reader, or follow our RSS feed.

sonsi.ca

- - - - - - - -
Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow
under Creative Commons Licence.


Flying Trilobite Gallery *** Flying Trilobite Reproduction Shop ***

4 comments:

Marco Meredith said...

Thats looks like its going to be quite a nice site.

I noticed on Emilys section, on her portfolio theres an un-named illustration of a fish with a red marble effect on its face. A few years ago I caught loads of these fish at a lake in romania and I never found out what they were, would be interesting to find out.

Marco.

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks, Marco!

Lots still to do.

I'll ask Emily about the fish.

Emily said...

Marco, if you're talking about the fish that sometimes appears below the 'search' line on my homepage - it is a pumpkinseed. - Emily

Glendon Mellow said...

Aww great, now I'm hungry for roasted pumpkin seeds.

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |