Tuesday 3 February 2009

Blogroll Amnesty Day

Blogroll Amnesty Day is a bloggy community event wherein more popular blogs create links to less popular blogs. You can read all about it at Skippy's.

Here are some blogs I'd like to see get even more attention.

-The Day After - art by my friend Chris Zenga, focusing mainly (but not exclusively on) the walking tedd, Zombie Bears many based on different archetypes. Zenga is a socially-conscious horror artist as well and is donating a portion of his print sales to a good cause. It reminds you to be careful 'cuz when you go out to the bloggy woods today, you're in for a big surprise.
-Relationship-a-holic - I value different points of view, and I've started following this blog to get just that. Still in its nascent stages, I'm enjoying the wit and occasional snark.
- Hammered Out Bits - professional blacksmith (yeah, that's right, I said blacksmith!) Darrell Markewitz and his adventures in artistry. This is as hands-on as it gets. Swords from meteorites!
- orchidart - This is a focused blog and focused artist. Personally, I'm always chasing after ideas and things in science which wow me. Artist Garness looks at a single wide-ranging subject and I find these images quiet my mind. I contemplate how they were painted, and how the orchids grow.
- New Minority - Family-man, atheist and soldier, Jones is a commenter here who looks at the world from a rare vantage point.

- - - - - - - -

Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow under Creative Commons Licence.

Flying Trilobite Gallery
### Flying Trilobite Reproduction Shop ##
#
2009 Calendar available for a limited time

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks Glendon. I'm just now getting back on the internet and catching up. It's cool to see your support as the first thing I read.

Bora Zivkovic said...

Wow - the blacksmith blog is quite a find!

Glendon Mellow said...

Eric - you're welcome.

Coturnix - I used to take extra classes on Saturday mornings, and blacksmith Darrell Markewitz ran a terrific one about life in the middle ages. I learned to write in Celtic runes (which I still do now to leave myself private notes), swordfighting, basic helmet making designs and sword fighting.

Darrell had a huge impact on my early teen years in how to behave as an adult, so I was excited to see last year that he has a blog.

Anonymous said...

Uh...cool and all...but where's mine? Not trying to be rude or anything, ok?

Glendon Mellow said...

Sorry Raptor, I didn't see a hit counter on your site, so I didn't presume you are at less traffic than me.

OilIsMastery said...

Can I have some attention too? LOL

Glendon Mellow said...

The main oil I like to master is walnut. :-)

Anonymous said...

what a great idea, could someone link to our blog, gardenandhomefurniture.co.uk

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |