Thursday 9 December 2010

Trilobite Boy makes a Top Ten


Trilobite Boy and Gargoyles made it into the Top 10 in a recent SF Group contest on RedBubble, where my art prints & calendar are made. I actually appear to have initially been part of a 3-way tie in the competition. 

©  Glendon Mellow 2010



The competition is still relatively new, from what I can see - there were very few votes for each piece.  I'll have to pay more attention to these in the future. Thanks to those RedBubblers who voted!

You can see a whole buncha "making of" posts about the image here.  It's also in my latest calendar on sale now.

- - - - - - - -

Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow
under Creative Commons Licence.

Portfolio
Blog
Print Shop

5 comments:

Sean Craven said...

Send it in to Spectrum. If you can't pass it off as part of a series, get it in the mail tomorrow.

If I can do it, you can.

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks Sean!

Money's really tight right now, but I'll see what I can do.

It's been a few years since I last attempted Spectrum - it's such an amazing series and door-opener. I once received an email from Arnie Fenner and he's a great guy.

Sean Craven said...

Hey, I'm not going to argue about finances, but if you can make it work, I'd recommend it. This is such a lively, unique piece, and one that to me suggests a step in a more illustrative direction. It's a style that strikes me as very appropriate for book covers.

Glendon Mellow said...

It feels like a step in the right/new direction to me too. Less claustrophobic than some of my other stuff.

Glendon Mellow said...

I can do it!

Thanks again for the encouragement. Off the Spectrum.

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |