Friday 3 September 2010

New: Science-Artists feed




In addition to last week's 
Art Evolved Aggregate feed, I've made a Science-Artists feed collecting scientific illustration, science-inspired art and science cartooning on blogs.  After a discussion with Bora Zivkovic via Twitter, we both agreed something larger than paleo-art (though that's included) would be great to have.  And it's included on Scienceblogging.org!   Visual art and illustration are essential to effective science communication (and can be fun and inspiring), and I love that Bora, Anton and Dave recognize this.  Thanks!

I've likely missed some - there are a lot of talented people out there, so please suggest others!  Likewise, if you know of a blog that touches on sci-art from time to time and uses a helpful tag or label on those posts, let me know and I'll add that tag to the feed.

For the moment, I've mostly left out comic strips and photography and I'm focusing on scientific illustration, digital and traditional painting and drawing, and cartooning.

A tip of the hat to Richard Carter, FCD for suggesting the use of FriendFeed when I was creating both feeds.

If you'd like to see the list of blogs who've been added so far, go here.

If you'd like to add the sidebar widget to your own blog,let me know and I'll send you the html to look like this:








Suggestions welcome!

- - - - - - - -
Original artwork on
The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow
under
Creative Commons Licence.

Portfolio
Blog
Print Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |