Tuesday 10 November 2009

Some sketchy sketches

Here's a few things I've been working on.

Sketches for my class. The topic is body image. Pop culture and sexuali
ty is popular as a topic, but I thought I'd tackle anthropometry and perfect proportions for the artist. Lots of nodding at Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man here.

With how my lungs have been feeling lately, I thought I'd revisit my Asthma Incubu
s drawing from a few years back, and dive into ArtRage a bit more. This is not even close to done: the figure is on a separate layer so I can delete it after I paint them in properly.

There's also a new Steampunk Trilocopter on the way, with larger, Opipeuterella-ian eyes for the cockpit.
- - - - - - - -
Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow
under Creative Commons Licence.
Flying Trilobite Gallery *** Flying Trilobite Reproduction Shop ***

4 comments:

traumador said...

nice work all round!

good to see someone as busy as me!

i especially love the asthma piece. with the dark hazy cloud crushing the figure, it is pretty easy to feel what you are going through.

good luck with it all...

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks Traumador!
I don't know if I am quite as busy as you...

Thanks. The asthma painting just feels like one I need to do without a lot of my usual technique. ArtRage so far is freeing me to step back from the planning of an oil painting and just go for it. We'll see how it turns out.

Unknown said...

I love the combination of the seemingly robotic parts in these. Very cool. It reminds me of the Vitruvian Transformer that appeared on t-shirts recently. That blending of worlds is very neat. Keep up the good work.

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks Boomka! I'll try.

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |