Thursday 26 November 2009

Asthma Incubus II progress

Progress so far on my new version of Asthma Incubus. Click to enlarge.

The original drawing from a few years ago:


A background to inspire the mood, painted in ArtRage using my Wacom Intuos 3 tablet:

I've hidden the background here so I don't distract myself while I play with the details. Using paint, metallic paint, airbrush and pencil tools. Mainly focusing on the Asthma Incubus itself:


- - - - - - - -

Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow
under Creative Commons Licence.
Flying Trilobite Gallery *** Flying Trilobite Reproduction Shop ***

5 comments:

Dusty Dudley said...

This one is pretty cool, and a bit too close to home: I have two kids with asthma and you've captured it very well.

Glendon Mellow said...

Thank you Kael - I may still fiddle with the figure. I'd like to have them exhaling rusty harmonicas and this composition is too small.

A good respirologist can really help. I hope your kids are generally comfortable: most grow out of it.

Dusty Dudley said...

Thanks, I'm hoping they will outgrow it as well. We actually have a great pediatric pulmonologist and he's helped tremendously: much of the time they have little to no symptoms. Of course, sometimes when the weather turns we still hear those rusty harmonicas, but we have extra medications for when that happens :-)

Anonymous said...

I love this, I have had asthma all my life. And i absolutely love trees most of my artworks have trees in them somewhere!

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks Anonymous!

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |