Friday 18 November 2011

Are the wings clipped on The Flying Trilobite?

Are the wings clipped on The Flying Trilobite? 


A couple of weeks ago, I made the jump to using Blogger's Dynamic Views here on The Flying Trilobite. 



After receiving a heartfelt complaint from a friend and colleague about the site re-design, I thought I'd ask:
  • Does it work aesthetically?  
  • For those familiar with it, was it better before with the simpler template? 
  • Is it crashing every time you try to load it? 
  • Are the individual posts functioning? 
  • Are they too hard to read (if you follow a link to a single post, the banner stays affixed in place and takes up half the screen - which doesn't happen if you click on one from the main page)?
Gadgets in the sidebar apparently will be coming back, so I'm not too concerned with those.



Would love any and all feedback. 




- - - - - - - -

Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow
under Creative Commons Licence.

Portfolio
Blog
Print Shop

 --> Find me on Symbiartic, the art+science blog on the new Scientific American Blog Network!

3 comments:

Trish said...

I'll be honest, I liked the old format better. Dynamic Views makes my eyes water.

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks Trish. Due to some of the glitchy problems people are having (see this thread on G+)I am leaning to restoring the old template this weekend.

I think Dynamic Views are cool (and the "more accurate" stats are very very addicting in terms of pageviews) but they're not totally ready.

Trish said...

Thank you!

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |