Monday 2 April 2012

Important details

Came across a link with my name on it. 

Last year, I was pretty excited to start blogging at Scientific American. Around the same time, my university's alumni newsletter had sent an email asking for stories and entries, "where are they now" kind of features. Unlike many of my peers (and most people in post-secondary education) I'm actually still directly using a lot of the skills from my degree, though more for illustration than the fine art gallery-scene. 

So I sent in a little blurb about blogging for Scientific American. 

I didn't realize they actually published something. Here's the entry 



It reads, 



Mellow, Glendon (BFA Spec. Hons. Winters) is a graduate of York's Fine Arts Visual Arts studio program. He married Michelle Follett, a primary teacher for the TDSB, and they recently had their first child, Calvin. He is a speaker on the intersection of arts and science on several radio programs. 



Well yeah.  That's all true and a matter of public record. And being married to Michelle and having Calvin are two of the most amazing things in my life, certainly things I'm proud of. 

I dunno though, I sort of thought this was a newsletter for catching up with professional accomplishments? I guess it's like Facebook-old school. 

(And radio programs, but they left out podcasts?)

For those of you who love baby pictures, here's our little dynamo working at his art station, about 15 months old. 





- - - - - - - -

Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow
under Creative Commons Licence.

Portfolio
Blog
Print Shop 

--> Find me on Symbiartic, the art+science blog on the new Scientific American Blog Network!

4 comments:

Stephanie Zvan said...

There are simply not enough column inches for all your awesome. Sorry, Glendon.

Glendon Mellow said...

You're right Stephanie, it's selfish of me to think there would be. But they should have just used the x-ray of my incredible brain I sent them instead.

Sean Craven said...

Does Calvin actually have a natural Mohawk, or is that a trick of the camera? He looks like a busy kid...

Glendon Mellow said...

It's natural, Sean. Partly a trick of the camera, but his hair is pretty fine and in places, white-blonde like Michelle's was at that age. There's a definite stripe that's noticeable from certain angles.

Michelle said "he's always so busy" a couple of months ago too. Even playing, its lots of purposeful running around and exclamations. He never stops.

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |