Tuesday 6 December 2011

Movember's End

The itchy 'stache is gone. 


My thanks to Christian & Sheilagh, Sherry and Charles, Joe and Patricia, and Shereen and Lex for their contributions to my Movember campaign on the Crusty and Dusty team. Thanks for helping me support men's health by messing with my face. 



And now what you wanted to know you didn't know you didn't want: some photos of me hamming it up for Movember. 




Week 1: 



Week 2:

You're not looking at my moustache. You're looking at the baby.


Week 4:



Ah, Instagram. Coupla more years, and this is gonna be like lens flare
and we'll all think these faux-retro photos look stupid. My moustache is however, magnificent.
...aaaaand, back to the cowboy hat. 

Thanks everyone!  Especially my long-suffering wife Michelle. 

- - - - - - - -

Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow
under Creative Commons Licence.

Portfolio
Blog
Print Shop 

--> Find me on Symbiartic, the art+science blog on the new Scientific American Blog Network!

4 comments:

Marco Meredith said...

ha ha, you look like you should be singing with motorhead ;)

Glendon Mellow said...

Ha! Thanks Marco. I was aiming for the Wyatt Earp look but it came across as a metalhead.

Sharon said...

Around my neck of the woods, it can sometimes be difficult to tell an ironic cowboy hat and 'stache apart from an actual-cowboy cowboy hat and 'stache. Skinny jeans aren't a reliable indicator since the cowboys often wear pants just as tight as the hipsters. My brother has pointed out that the biggest difference is if the button down shirt is tucked in or not. Tucked in = actual cowboy; not tucked in = ironic cowboy look.

But it seems that dressing in black and tattoos make it instantly very metal!

Glendon Mellow said...

It's kind of the same here Sharon, except with a lot more hipsters. And no cowboys. :D

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |