Tuesday 10 May 2011

Webcomic sketches moving along

#3


The Trilobite Boy comic sketches are moving along. Instead of one 30 minute sketch a day, I'm going to try for 2 or 3 panels a week in a bid to increase the quality. They're meant to be short, speedy exercises where I experiment with digital painting and lay out the Trilobite Boy story at the same time. I have hang-ups about the quality though.

You can find the series at my new Trilobite Boy Tumblr. Thanks to everyone on Tumblr, Twitter, deviantArt, Facebook, The Flying Trilobite and io9 who is encouraging this series!

wip #4
Completed (sorta) #4 - a number of people on Twitter asked about the girl on the left's shirt.
I hope to have some Trilobite Boy shirts done by the weekend!
wip #5, in ArtRage.
In other news, I had a couple of job interviews. I'm in some serious financial difficulties at the moment, and thanks to everyone who purchased prints or calendars or stickers recently in my Print Store.  It's been a tough few months after the baby arrived, and freelancing isn't going strong yet.

Great post up at Muddy Colors by Christopher Moeller "Life After Art School: Five Years to an Illustration Career". Well, this blog recently completed year 4; cause for hope?



- - - - - - - -

Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |