Saturday 5 March 2011

Highest form of flattery

One of The Flying Trilobite fans on Facebook recently purchased some stickers from my print shop and let me know he had placed them on his bumper. 

photo © Thomas Trae 2011

I asked Thomas Trae if he could put the picture up and he did. 

Then he showed me the highest form of flattery toward my art:


photo and arm © Thomas Trae 2011 and forever. 


He got inked!

"Did I forget to mention the Flying Trilobite is hovering over the Megasquid?" said Thomas.  Our ensuing conversation:

  • Flying Trilobite Is that painted?
    Thursday at 15:05 · 
  • Thomas Trae ‎'Tis inked, good sir.
    Thursday at 16:16 · 
  • Thomas Trae And boy did that area hurt. Not so much the trilo, but the green. Aaaaand he had to re-do it several times on different occasions.
    Thursday at 16:20 · 
  • Flying Trilobite Holy monkey - permanent? A tattoo? People will know you and I belong to some sort of ancient arthropod-worshipping cult --- er!! I mean people will *think* you and belong to some sort of cult. But that's just silly, heh heh....
    Yesterday at 03:55 ·  ·  1 person
  • Thomas Trae The trilobite just seemed to compliment the Forest Cthulhu. Yeah, we share 'the Mark' now. One day, when the stars are aligned, the Great Winged Trilo will rise from the depths of an alternate history...
    20 hours ago ·  ·  1 person

My Brother!

- - - - - - - - 

Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow

5 comments:

Marco Meredith said...

Wow, does this mean your Blog has official cult status now?

Glendon Mellow said...

Yes, I have arrived, Marco. Although you get to be one of those hipsters who commented here before it was cool and only like my pre-2008 work before I sold out to Disney.

(I assume having a fan with a tattoo of my art means Disney will be trying to buy my licences any day now.)

Marco Meredith said...

Yep, thats when it all pays off, Except you leave your soul at the door ;)

m.h.b. said...

wow gprime, its a bosom buddy. I like the green he did around it too...kinda slimy

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks mhb! Pretty awesome. I'm pleased it's next to a Cthulhu tattoo.

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |