Friday, 12 September 2008

Congratulations, Humanist of the Year!

Congratulations to Dale McGowan, Harvard's Humanist of the Year!


If you're a parent, teacher or someone concerned with rational thinking in children, you should totally check out the book Parenting Beyond Belief, and Dale's ever-so-pretty blog, The Meming of Life. I found the chapters dealing with science and with death to be illuminating for myself as well.

And watch for Dale's new book, Raising Freethinkers.

Richly deserved. I will raise a mug of Kicking Horse coffee in honour.

- -
All original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow. The contents of this blog are under a Creative Commons Licence. See sidebar for details. Please visit my
blog, gallery and new! reproduction store.

6 comments:

science said...

thanks

Mike Haubrich, FCD said...

You know, Glendon. Someday you could be the humanist of the year.

Glendon Mellow: The Flying Trilobite said...

Ha!

I don't know about that, Mike. I'm not a staunch advocate and I think my paintings are pretty abstract compared to writing a guide or attempting to stop genocide.

Of course, maybe I'm missing sarcasm.

Glendon Mellow: The Flying Trilobite said...

(Umm, 1st commenter Science what should I say you're welcome for? Colour me confused.)

William said...

Thanks for bringing this up and congratulations to Dale... reminds me that I have to finish reading Parenting Beyond Belief! What I've read so far is compelling and useful, and I'll look forward to the new book too!

Glendon Mellow: The Flying Trilobite said...

Nice to hear from you, William!

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.