Monday 2 June 2008

Artwork Mondays: A Mysterious Sigil

What could this be?

I will be showing a finished version of this piece on Wednesday, I think. The thing is, I will not be completing the final art, and yet I may still submit it to another popular site, to see if it will be featured there. Hopefully it won't be mistaken for a skeletal frog too often.

It's been over a decade of artwork about mythical flying trilobites and their fossilized remains. It's only fitting....
- -
All original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow. The contents of this blog are under a Creative Commons Licence. See sidebar for details.

6 comments:

Zach said...

I have a friend at the GameInformer forums whose "subname" is "Magical Trilobite." His icon is a trilobite. I think he'd get a kick out of this picture. :-)

Hahaha...I can see it now, an alternate evolutionary form of Kabuto (Pokemon talk here), perhaps when exposed to a certain elemental stone, grows wings and turns into an aerial trilobite of death.

Glendon Mellow said...

People could put them in small bamboo cages for luck!

Stephanie Zvan said...

[delurk]

Will it be ready for pictures by Wednesday or just done? I assume you'll post the pictures here at least.

And happy birthday.

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks Stephanie, and for delurking! I confess, I've probably done the same around your stellar writing.

They'll be posted. Tonight.

Stephanie Zvan said...

Aw, shucks. [blushes] Thanks!

The tat looks great. Post another picture when the swelling is all gone? With contact allergies, I have to enjoy tattoos vicariously.

Glendon Mellow said...

I'm sure I'll put another couple of pics up after it's all healed and such.

Too bad about the allergies. But y'know, I'm not a tattoo advocate or anything.

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |