Saturday 20 October 2007

Return of the Pharyngula Mutating Genre Meme!

...this time it's personal.

I have already been tagged by this meme once, and now again! It took me a while to respond to the second one, by Dale at The Meming of Life. What can I say, I was gestating.

The meme has an elaborate set of rules, you can read at my first post about it. The whole thing was started by PZ Myers at Pharyngula. Now Dale, being sly and sneaky, has turned the tables and asked to spread the meme back to those previous to himself in the lineage! Rather than use phrases like "blog-the-casbah with Grampa" I prefer to think of these posts as organisms, and the blogs they sit in as environments. The organism's descendants change when they wander through each blog. (My blog environment is murky and oily in case you were wondering. Sometimes there is strange smoke.)

So then here is my lineage:
My common ancestor is Pharyngula.
My great great grandparent is Metamagician & the Hellfire Club.
My great grandparent is The Flying Trilobite.
My grandparent is Leslie's blog.
My parent is The Meming of Life.

My new contribution to the meme, following The Meming of Life, is as follows:
The best romantic movie in scientific dystopia is: Gattaca (1997). Same as my 1st post.
The best sexy song in electronica is: "Angel" by Massive Attack on the album Mezzanine (1998).
The best satirical movie in comedy is: Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead (1990).
I will add one new statement:
The best hot coffee in beverages is: caffe macchiato.

To continue the meme this time, I choose:
Frozen Toothpaste

Forms Most Beautiful

Primordial Blog

Please make a comment on this thread if you are participating. Hope you do, it's crazy-weird-fun. On another note, while checking Technorati for my links, I can see this has gone quite far. I am a 5x great-grandparent already. One of the interesting links I found down the line was from Really Small Fish. It contains Darwinian poetry, at Code As Art. That's been my favourite thing about this meme so far; finding blogs and ideas I may not have found through search engines since to find it that way, you have to know what you are looking for.

Surprise is living.

7 comments:

fish said...

I am happy to be the source of a new discovery!

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks for stopping by, Fish!

Anonymous said...

And doing the meme twice really makes your head hurt!
It's interesting to see that the foodie statement I added to the bottom of the list is still in existence.
Thanks Glendon for asking me to do this originally. It has been great fun. DO NOT get near me for a third round. It would not be pretty...

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOO! I've been slapped by this meme before. It's interesting though how it has changed over time. This list was unrecognizably different than the first list I saw.

Glendon Mellow said...

Hey, Leslie too much meme in your diet can be a bad thing. Don't worry. I think I am through for now too. Dale at The Meming of Life turning the tables on us made it too interesting to resist though.

Glendon Mellow said...

Thanks for responding, Brian. I figured you probably had a few requests already.

But let me guess: your favourite sexy song is by Shakira? ;-)

Unknown said...

Pleasingly complex device, this meme of copious root systems.

I think I'll take it and make it grow.

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |